Palace of the Grand Master of the Knights of Rhodes
Ippoton Rodos Rodos
Palace of the Grand Master (Castle)
The Grand Master’s Palace, the most imposing edifice in the Old Town, was the headquarters of the leader of the Order of the Knights of Saint John, and at the same time a strong fortress. It was built in the 14th century on the ruins of a Byzantine fort. It consists of two storeys with a large internal courtyard.
It was destroyed in the period of Turkish rule and rebuilt in the 1930’s in the magnifi- cent style we see now.
Today the Palace is a museum, and its many rooms contain important archaeological finds from ancient and medieval Rhodes.
Opening Hours Mon to Sun, 8:00 a.m – 20:00 p.m
Entrance 6 Euro/Adult, Free under 18
Students from EU countries free
Students not from EU countries half price
People over 65 years from EU countries half price
Note: Valid ID is necessary for the discount